About Delhivery Limited IPO
- Delhivery Limited (“Delhivery”) was incorporated on June 22, 2011. Delhivery is the largest and fastest-growing fully-integrated logistics services player in India by revenue as of Fiscal 2021.
- Delhivery provided supply chain solutions to a diverse base of 23,113 Active Customers such as e-commerce marketplaces, direct-to-consumer e-tailers and enterprises and SMEs across several verticals.
- Their in-house logistics technology stack is built to meet the dynamic needs of modern supply chains. They have over 80 applications through which they provide various services.
- Delhivery collects, structures, stores and processes vast amounts of transaction and environmental data to guide real-time operational decision making.
- Delhivery operated 21 fully and semi-automated sortation centres and 82 gateways across India (excluding Spoton) as of December 31, 2021.
- They had a Rated Automated Sort Capacity of 3.70 million shipments per day as of December 31, 2021.
- Delhivery operates a pan-India network and provides its services in 17,488 postal index number (“PIN”) codes, as of December 31, 2021.
Outlook & Valuation
The company has a good track record of execution built on its proprietary technology and has scaled up significantly since its incorporation in 2011 to emerge as the largest fully-integrated logistics player in the country.
The runway of opportunity also appears good given India’s long-term growth prospects and the crucial role logistics plays when it comes to commerce. Another point to note is that, in India, the share of organized players is much lower compared to developed countries.
It reported revenue from operations of ₹4,811 crores for the nine months ended December 21. Annualizing this implies a very strong FY19-22 revenue CAGR of around 57 per cent.
However, the high growth of the company is due to the acquisitions made, organic growth has been slower in comparison to overall growth. The company does not have a past track record of profitability given its focus on growth.
While it has reached near break-even on an adjusted EBITDA basis for nine-month FY22 (adjusted EBITDA margin of negative 0.72%), the profitability at net profit levels is yet to be seen and depends on a lot of variables in the future. Investors need to note that the logistics business is a low-margin business and the scale of operation determines the profitability due to operating leverage.
Nevertheless, the current market environment is not conducive to aggressive risk-taking when it comes to unprofitable companies.
The issue is priced at a Price to Sales ratio of 5.4 (based on annualized revenues of 9 months ending December 2021). We suggest investors enter the company post listing after analyzing how the business evolves in terms of revenue growth and profitability. Thus, we recommend “Avoid” the issue.
KEY MANAGERIAL PERSONNEL
- Sahil Barua is the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the company. He has previously been associated with Bain & Company India Pvt. Ltd. as a Consultant.
- Sandeep Kumar Barasia is the Executive Director and Chief Business Officer of the company. He was previously associated with Bain & Company India Pvt. Ltd. as a Vice-President (Partner).
- Kapil Bharati is the Executive Director and Chief Technology Officer of the company. He has previously served as Founder and Chief Technology Officer at Athena Information Solutions Pvt. Ltd. and as Senior Manager of Technology at Sapient and Publicis Sapient.
- Ajith Pai Mangalore is the Chief Operating Officer of the company. He has been associated with the company since April 6, 2013.
- Amit Agarwal is the Chief Financial Officer of the company. He has been associated with the company since August 4, 2012.
- Pooja Gupta is the Chief People Officer of the company. She has been associated with the company since April 1, 2021.
- Sunil Kumar Bansal is the Vice President – of Corporate Affairs, Company Secretary and Compliance Officer of the company. He has been associated with the company since August 23, 2021.
- Rapid growth, extensive scale and improvement in unit economics
- The proprietary logistics operating system
- Vast data intelligence capabilities
- The integrated portfolio of logistics services
- Strong relationships with a diverse customer base
- Extensive ecosystem of partners, enabling an asset-light business model and extended reach
- Expand investments in infrastructure and network
- Continue to build scale in existing business lines
- Deepen the customer relationships
- Enhance the technology (software and hardware) capabilities
- Expand into high-growth international markets similar to India
- The company is not yet profitable.
- The issue is overvalued compared to its peers.
- The high growth is due to acquisitions, thus organic growth remains slower.
- The overall industry is highly competitive
COMPARISON WITH LISTED INDUSTRY PEERS (AS OF 31ST MARCH 2021)
|Name of the Company||EPS (Basic)||NAV||P/E||Total Income (Cr)||RoNW (%)|
|Blue Dart Express Ltd||42.91||249.48||150.37||32,923.60||17.08|
|TCI Express Ltd||26.15||112.89||66.88||8,516.40||23.12|
|Mahindra Logistics Ltd||4.16||79.65||119.39||32,811.90||5.05|
FINANCIALS (RESTATED CONSOLIDATED)
|Particulars (Rs. In Millions)||FY 2021||FY 2020||FY 2019|
|Equity Share Capital||16.33||9.75||9.58|
|Revenue from Operations||36,465.27||27,805.75||16,538.97|
|Loss Before Tax||(4,157.43)||(2,688.02)||(17,833.04)|
|Net Loss for the year||(4,155.37)||(2,679.61)||(17,837.63)|